Sunday, July 22, 2007


Here it is. My birthday. The looming three-five is no longer “looming” but heavy on my lap. This 35th birthday is an unwelcome guest whose arrival I anticipated with some years of building terror. Now that it is here though, the self-reflection and thoughtfulness has paid off and on this day I arrive brilliant and beaming, wearing my most-favorite afternoon party dress and grateful for life just as it is. Intending too in my most deliberate of intentions to step into “35” with grace and to enjoy life in a kind of explosive way. Yes, that’s it—more explosive and less implosive. Dream large. Experience mountain tops. Joy. Love. The thin air of altitude and the thick, ruddy mud of depth. Today I embark on the first day of the rest of my life. I expect brilliance and openness and ecstasy at every turn. Let it be so. Happy birthday to me.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy belated Birthday...
You're just now reaching adulthood. Congratulations!

9:45 PM  
Blogger Tyra said...

Okay...just wait until you have 40 looming around the corner like a flashing neon sign! This year I will turn 39...forever! :)

Enjoy all the blessings this 35th year has to offer!

The one across the street....

6:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah yes! Brilliance and openness and ecstasy is just the way to go into every moment of life. May it be so. May every moment shine brightly and may your eyes always be clear enough to see what is right before you!

hugs from afar ;o)

8:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Huh? What does that mean?

6:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pam you look damn good for 35 but I think you know that

Mike Coleman

3:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home